Adverse childhood experiences, or early trauma, can have long-term effects linked to a variety of adult conditions. Panelists will discuss parental trauma’s impact on conception and birth, along with mental health problems common during pregnancy and after childbirth, such as depression and anxiety.
This conversation will be moderated by Dr. Wayne A. I. Frederick, President of Howard University.
• Moderator: Dr. Wayne A. I. Frederick, President of Howard University
• Dr. Deirdre Cooper Owens, Director of the Humanities in Medicine Program, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Dr. Binny Chokshi, Co-Medical Director, Healthy Generations Program, Children’s National Hospital
• Dr. Amanda Latimore, Assistant Scientist, Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
• Dr. Zea Malawa, Director for Expecting Justice, San Francisco Department of Public Health